Kebijakan Ekonomi Khalifah Umar Ibn Khatab
Economics is an activity that can be said to be the same as human existence on this earth, so that then economic motives arise, namely a person's desire to fulfill his life needs. Economic principles are steps taken to meet needs with certain sacrifices to obtain maximum results. During the reign of Caliph Umar, the issue of zakat was not an issue. Even because there are many people who pay zakat, they can form councils, including military councils, social security for providing wages to employees. In this paper contains three problems. How was the economic condition of the people during the leadership of Caliph Umar, what were the forms of economic policy of Caliph Umar, and how was the influence of Umar's economic policies?. This research uses library research method (library research). The data sources used by the author are mainly primary and secondary sources. Then the author will analyze the data using a descriptive method, which is to determine the interpretation of the data collected in the form of rich words, not numbers. Based on the results of the study, it can be concluded that the economic life of the Islamic community during the reign of Caliph Umar was the majority of economic activities with trade, agriculture, and industry. The policies of Caliph 'Umar bin al-Khathtab in the economic field include: the establishment of baitul mal, land ownership, Zakat, usyur, currency, sodaqah for non-Muslims, classification and allocation of state income. and The influence of 'Umar's economic policy cannot be separated from several factors: 'Umar's concern about economic issues, using deliberation in making every policy that is set, prioritizing the benefit of the people, and 'Umar is a responsible and ascetic person.
An author who publishes in Indonesian Journal of Islamic Ekonomics and Finance agrees to the following terms:
- Author retains the copyright and grants the journal the right of first publication of the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book) with the acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Author is permitted and encouraged to post his/her work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of the published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.