Focus & Scope
Amalee: Indonesian Journal of Community Research & Engagement focuses on a university-community research and engagement program to advance theories, research, and practices related to all forms of outreach and engagement. Besides recognizing all philosophical terms in the field, which are community engagement, development, empowerment, and service, we also welcome all methodological approaches, say it ABCD (asset-based community development), PAR (participatory action research), CBR (community-based research), service learning, and so forth. What matters in this journal focus is what is useful toward the community and instills its potential capacity.
The aims of this journal are to provide a venue for academicians, researchers, and practitioners for publishing the original works on community research and engagement. The scope of the articles published in this journal deal with a broad range of topics, including, but not limited to:
- Community research and empowerment (both in rural and urban) socially, economically, culturally, and so forth;
- Community health and environmental services;
- Developing and training appropriate technology among the community;
- Community empowerment in remote, less developed regions that builds social access;
- Education for sustainable development.